Mississippi Street Fair
July 9th - 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
N Mississippi Ave from Fremont to Skidmore
Vendor Day of Information
Vendor Day of Information
Your booth number will be sent directly to you.
- One booth space is 10×10 feet
- Tents, tables and chairs are NOT provided or included
- Your supplies and storage must remain in your allotted space
- Each block will have a dedicated block captain who will help vendors check-in, be the point person for anything throughout the day and help with the departure process
Vendor Trash/ Recycling:
- Event staff will be around throughout the day collecting trash and recycling
7:30 am – Load in begins – Vendors who need additional set-up time can start as early as 7:30 am
9:30 am – No vehicles are allowed on the street after this time.
10:00 am – Event opens to the public
6:00 pm – Load out begins (vendors may not leave before this time)
9:00 pm – Event closes
We recommend you give yourself extra time to set up as the street will be very crowded with other vendors trying to do the exact same thing as you in a small space. Vendors who need extra set-up time can start setting up at 7:30 am. Vendors need to have vehicles off the street (unless it’s your booth) by 9:30 am. Please, plan accordingly to have everything from your vehicle unloaded by 9:30 am. Vendors will be instructed to enter the street via N Borthwick St. and turn west on the appropriate block street.
Vendors will be instructed to drive north on Mississippi Ave and park in such a way to allow cars to pass through and so that unloading does not traffic. Cars will continue north after dropping off load and exit on the next block. Your booth space will be chalked off and numbered for your convenience. Each street will have a block captain. The block captain will be your main contact throughout the event. If you find your booth location on your own, be sure to check in with your block who will also be making the rounds to every booth. If you purchased canopies, tables or chairs, they will be at your booth space.
Parking: After your booth is set-up, no parking will be allowed on N Mississippi from N Fremont St. to N Skidmore St., or on the side streets from between N. Michigan and N. Albina, this includes N Beech, Failing and Mason. N Shaver is closed from 9:30 am throughout the event. Vehicles left in loading zones will be towed. 2018 MSF Vendor Vehicle Access Maps Emergency Lanes: Vehicles or setups that are in emergency lanes will be moved or towed.
Vendor Load Out
Vendors are encouraged to stay until 9:00pm, but will be allowed to pack up and leave at 6:00pm. If you depart early, you must carry your load out and cannot drive on the street. The block captains will help facilitate the departure process. Vendor loading zones are on the map. Please use extra care driving on the street after 9pm. The fair is very busy and there will be many fair goers still on the street. Note: N. Beech between N Mississippi and N Albina will be closed throughout the event.
Vendor Code of Conduct
Be respectful of your space and ours. Thank you for staying in your allotted space, respecting your neighbors, and keeping your space clean. Be professional, personable and businesslike in your conduct to customers and other vendors. Be courteous to your neighbors by keeping your music down, not dumping any liquids that could run downhill, including water, and not disrupting other vendors customers. Be aware and follow of our specific vendor rules. They are:
- Checking in and out according to the approved procedure
- Staying until the set time of breakdown or closing
- If you are a food vendor, having all your health and food service permits in place
- Electricity is not provided and no generators are allowed
- Have your vehicle off the street by 9:30 a.m.
- Inform Fair staff of rogue vendors so they can be removed
- Vendor may choose to start breaking down at 6:00 pm
- The fair ends at 9:00 pm and you must be off the street by 10:00 pm
- Fair staff have the right to ask you to leave at any time
Vendor Registration Opens April 21 at 10:00 AM
Vendor Space Categories and Pricing
Tables, tents, and chairs are not included. Space is limited to a 10×20 booth size.
- General Vendor (all types except food and new vendors) – $250
- Food Vendors – $250 (see options for electricity)
- Corner Space – $300
- Cross Street Space – $175
- Emerging Business Space – $150
- Non-Profit Space – $150
These descriptions are for where vendors are located regardless of your vendor category.
- General Vendor – All spaces on Mississippi Ave between N Fremont and Skidmore
- Corner – A single spaces with two service sides located on Mississippi Ave or a cross Street
- Cross Street – All spaces located on Beech, Failing, Shaver or Mason between Mississippi Ave and the alley. All cross streets have booth spaces or an event activity (i.e. Main Stage).
- Non-profits – Please request a non-profit rate from firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Businesses – You are a business that is less than 2 years old and has 2 or less employees. Please request a new business rate from email@example.com
The following categories have set limits for the number of vendors in each category.
- Advocacy / Political
- Arts / Craftsmanship (examples: independent artists, handmade goods)
- Family and Kid Activity & Entertainment (arts & crafts, face painting, kid amusement)
- General Retail
- Health and Wellness
- Local Food Products (items not prepared onsite, must be prepared for takeaway or sampling)
- Other (because not everyone fits into a box)
- Emerging Business(Your business is less than 2 years old and less than 2 employees
Other Vendor FAQ
In the event of a sell out of spaces by category or availability, you can opt for the wait list. Once a category or the fair is full, you can opt to be placed on our waitlist. Details on the process will be sent directly to you.
- All vendors are required to load in and out all their own equipment.
- NO POWER is provided and generators are not allowed at any booth space.
- Space size is 10’ x 10’ – Vendors are granted a 10’x10′ space and cannot exceed this area. Your supplies and storage must remain in this area.
- Vendors are required to clean up their own garbage and recyclables at the end of the event. Vendors who do not clean up their booth space may not be allowed into the event next year. The volunteers who are cleaning up the event appreciate your efforts to leave your space as clean as you found it at the beginning of the day!
- ABSOLUTELY NO STYROFOAM CONTAINERS ARE ALLOWED AT THE FAIR. We encourage the use of compostable and recyclable containers. If you choose to use styrofoam, you may not be allowed into the fair next year.
- Vendor Code of Conduct: Registration includes your adherence to our vendor code of conduct.