Historic Mississippi Business Association
The Historic Mississippi Business Association (HMBA)’s mission is to promote, develop, and preserve the North Portland community as a desirable and vibrant place to work, shop, and live.
By joining the HMBA, you strengthen a group of dedicated, motivated, and creative business owners working together to promote the welfare of the community.
- Each HMBA member receives a page on the HMBA website (www.mississippiave.org)
- Events, promotions, and news about member businesses is shared on HMBA social platforms:
- HMBA’s Facebook page (4,500+ followers)
- HMBA Instagram account (6,500+ followers)
- Mississippi Ave Events Calendar on www.mississippiave.org
- Your place on the HMBA Mississippi Ave Walking Map that is distributed to Portland hotels, the Portland Visitor Information Center, and more.
Networking And Education
- HMBA members only social every quarter
- Members-only newsletter
- Members are offered the opportunity to provide their insights and opinions to help direct the focus of HMBA grant-seeking efforts.
- In partnership with Venture Portland, the HMBA brings the needs of local businesses to the attention of City Hall and the Oregon legislature.
- Mississippi Ave Street Fair – HMBA Members are provided ONE booth space for the Mississippi Ave Street Fair as part of their membership (Value: $250).
- Additional spaces can be purchased at a reduced rate.
- Access to Venture Portland and Travel Portland membership benefits
Event Representation: HMBA spearheads events throughout the year to bring traffic to Mississippi Ave including, but not limited to:
- Mardi Gras Parade (February)
- Mississippi Ave Street Fair (July)
- Ice Cream Social (August/September)
- Trick or Treat Event (October)
- Holiday Tree Lighting (November/December)
- General Membership: $400
- Non-Profit Membership: $240
- Stand-alone Food Carts: $200